Supabase or Xano?

Thanks @Broberto. Makes sense – the number of endpoints with Xano is getting quite large, but the true no-code nature of the product is appealing to us for now (instead of writing edge functions). appreciate the insight!

I did a lot of Supabase vs Xano consideration for the project I am building and ultimately went with Xano, mostly because our app requires heavy data manipulation and having the ability to rapidly experiment and iterate on large data sets with nocode functionality is key for us.

Obviously, if you have some code chops and solid back-end experience Supabase might be a better choice. I am working with an agency and contractors to build our app, but I am also personally learning XANO (and WeWeb) myself for experimentation and R&D - and the more I dig into it the more I really like it.

I just wanted to point out that in my research I did find comnoco - which has a pretty slick no-code logic interface builder you can use WITH Supabase. It’s built in Go (the same as docker, Kubernetes etc.) and looks pretty slick!

4 Likes

@mike-fastgen how does Fastgen differ from n8n? I went from thinking n8n can run all my business logic to then abandoning that idea and building my biz logic strictly using edge functions…and after weeks of banging my head against a wall, I’m reconsidering my approach again. I need to run complex data transformation and processing at regular intervals and Typescript edge functions aren’t the most graceful solution.

hi @chocpretz. n8n is a great tool to build automations but not really the best fit if you want more complex business logic or a full backend. You can run run data transformation with Fastgen but I would need to understand what type of data you are working with to tell you more. If you manipulate JSON, text, or numbers Fastgen is great. For very large datasets that are compute intensive (to give random examples, geospatial data, or complex 3D graphics) Fastgen is not the best fit in its current form. If you DM me, I am happy to tell you more or even jump on a call with you and try to figure out whether Fastgen could help you here.

I’m currnetly building a logistics app with Weweb + Supabase + Fastgen and I love how Fastgen is doing things! I’m planning on doing all the business logic on Fastgen.

If you compare, in pricing and capabilities Supabase + Fastgen is better and less expensive than Xano.

And in some point, I might consider going with Fastgen only for database, auth and logic.

1 Like

What are your current thoughts on BuildShip vs Fastgen, etc ?

Fastgen seems to be cheaper at first Glance, I like the aesthetics of Buildship tho, also it seems to be quite customizable with code.

As @Broberto said, Fastgen is cheaper on the lower end but BuildShip is cheaper on the higher end.
Both are good, I think Buildship has more capabilities by default right now.

BuildShip UI is amazing IMO - I’m jumping in today to test w/SupaBase (which I have never touched)

1 Like