Can supabase do the entire backend with advanced logic?

I’m thinking about switching from Xano to Supabase because my app will need to run a lot of detailed functions and background tasks. While the Xano functions builder is useful, I don’t think it’s well organized for a very in-depth app that needs a ton of logic. Supabase looks like a more professional and organized solution. Does anyone use Supabase to run complex logic and APIs or do you use a layer that sits on top of supabase? Thanks.

In my opinion Supabase > Xano
On almost all the reason ( not all ofc)

And it’s open source , don’t watermark image on free tier

But yeah I guess Xano has a 50$/month subscription, and an affiliate program

Wonder what if there were a correlation :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

@Zacharyb Xano is $99 per month now!! :dizzy_face:

good god…

The Supabase learning curve is not that difficult, and has so many perks, used both, even if they shared the same price model, i would go instantly for Supabase

1 Like

@Zacharyb lol so far I’ve only set up user auth on Supabase and it’s so much easier than Xano it’s not even funny. I suspect the APIs will be a bit more difficult but the email and user auth on Xano had me pulling my hair out.

1 Like

Way more user friendly Supabase, huge doc, great user experience, covers all needs, has AI SQL request, a Clippy (their Copilot)

a huge community, large amount of git repo to reproduce etc etc etc etc

If you have a question about something, if I have a relevant answer will gladly share it !

I mean…

I fully understand companies, agencies, and freelancer, I’m convince some stay with Xano for more than just a status-quo and a 10% recurrent referall revenue for each of their customers.
Some clients are probably asking also to have Xano (marketing)

hope i’m not being too salty, I can understand the dynamics that Xano creates around their partners, and it’s still probably the 2nd/3rd back-end low-code tool

But yeah, for a small company or a solo builder, paying Xano is a non sense in term of cost/value

With Aws and credits you can host Supabase and still getting the same experience

Supabase is way better than Xano, it has Realtime, Edge functions, Free tier that is almost unlimited if you don’t go huge. But it is not no-code. For simple CRUD stuff it’s amazing, but with more logic, more skill is required.

1 Like

Yep, all i can see is a no-brainer imho

I would sincerely interested by Xano user and to know why they prefer to use it, i’m sure i’m missing something in my perception, and there is nothing more interesting than an opposite oppinion !

Yeah I’m migrating over to Supabase. Im a solo-builder and not too deep into my project yet where it’s easy enough to rebuild in Supabase. ChatGPT and Copilot should be able to handle any edge functions I need hopefully.

Mmh don’t underestimate the structure, it’s possible easily if you just follow the great video from WeWeb Team and Xano to reproduce a chatGPT clone with users chat history, message etc (succeed it with auth etc but back then was not satisfied enough

but as soon as i finish what i’m currently finishing, will make a template that can use a langchain model for some specific purposes, but making it , it’s simple, making it really robust and scalable that’s the real challenge
Langsmith is very helpful for that.

(creating a model that is mediocre would not be what i would use )

but for creating a model with long term memory, for personal use, it’s the “easiest”

1 Like

for the edge function part, would need a bigger nuanced answer, but for another day !
some tricky things to consider, depending on your LLMops basicly

When you say Realtime does that mean I wouldnt need to do “fetch collections” in Weweb if I used Supabase instead of Xano?

Yes mister or front end will in real time interact with supabase if you activate realtime on a table

And they just launched Airtable wrapper btw :wink: (little bonus)

Bonus point : you save 100$/month

Checkout the Supabase doc in vector part
You will definitely found in love with supabase

1 Like