Any date for full Supabase integration?

Hi,

We’re building a fairly complex SaaS tool, and we often come up against the limits of what we can do because of the supabase integration in weweb.

Example:

• no filters on nested values (user → group → item)
  • no “like” filters etc.
  • problem with pagination
  • etc

Basically, we’re missing a lot of essential functionality, and so we’re sometimes forced to make database functions in weweb or redevelop logic in an API, and we lose the “no code” aspect, which could cause us to stop using weweb.

Is this topic on the short-term roadmap? Are there any plans to extend supabase support?

2 Likes

We are in a very similar position. As far as I can tell this has been in the works for “next month”… for several months now. Last I heard, the next version of the Supabase integration is supposed to be released in January. Anyone on the WeWeb team care to weigh in?

1 Like

Same on our side. And while doing Edge Functions in Supa can probably assist with the topics you mentioned, this indeed does break the no-code veil but then WeWeb does bill themselves as a more developer oriented Bubble or what not. So low-code in WeWeb will most likely always will be a need and not a luxury and the entire platform shouldn’t be viewed as a no-code development environment but a hybrid lowcode and full on code, NPM package orchestration ecosystem.

If you are a Xano user, they’ve been rolling out a bunch of features like their Transform Engine, Expression Type builder, etc that would make what you’re describing a breeze. So using both Supa and Xano could be a great option but I’m currently figuring out the best solution for managing token and auth so that user can have a seamless experience in WW.

sounds nice, hope we will have some answer

I just remember about it but another supabase issue with weweb integration is env management like one from Xano or at least be able to fill supabase + auth keys with variables to have something more dynamic switching between dev, staging and prod databases

Hi everyone!

Yes, improving the Supabase integrations is on the short-term roadmap.

To give you a more precise idea of what’s going on behind the scenes and when you can expect the release:

• we plan to support Supabase SDK 2 (not 3 :sweat_smile:) in the coming weeks
  • we thought we could release the update earlier this year but had to change priorities along the way
  • the initial development work was finalized last week
  • QA started this week

This means that now, there will be some back and forth between the QA team and the development team to ensure everything is working well before the release.

Best case scenario: the update is released on January 17th. That’s what we’re aiming for but it may take longer because we don’t know yet if there will be a lot of back and forth between the teams and, if there is, some team member holidays criss-cross, meaning it might take longer for the iterations to happen.

I hope that helps! Rest assured that Supabase is very high on our list of priorities and we’re doing our best to deliver the update in the coming weeks. Hopefully you love the new features when they arrive! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s SDK v2, right?

Yep. Updated