Potential of WeWeb.io: Can it Rival Fiverr, Upwork, and LinkedIn?

Hey WeWeb Community!

I’m sure many of you have heard of WeWeb.io, a web development platform that promises to empower us to create amazing web applications. I’m seriously considering using it to build a platform that could compete with the likes of Fiverr, Upwork, and LinkedIn, but I’m looking for some insights and evidence to ensure it’s the right choice.

I’ve seen some visually appealing web apps out there, but many of them seem to fall short when it comes to robust user data collection and integration. They often end up feeling uninspiring and, to be honest, could be replicated using WordPress.

Before I take the plunge, I’d love to hear from the WeWeb community. Have any of you successfully used WeWeb.io to create complex, data-driven platforms or have seen any examples? How does it fare in terms of scalability, customization, and integration? Do you believe it has the potential to rival established platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, and LinkedIn?

Your insights, experiences, and recommendations would be highly appreciated as they will greatly influence my decision.

Hey John,

Weweb is a frontend builder that takes care of hosting the front part of your application. Weweb relies on amazon web services infrastructure, so clearly, there’s no concern about the way it handles the user traffic. About your display logic, most of it will run on your client browser so there’s nothing to worry about as soon as you delegate the heavy treatment to the backend, where it belongs.

By the way, if you want to build another tool to compete with lk, fiverr etc… You might probably focus your attention on your backend. All your magic, datas and performance optimization will be there. Weweb can connect to any backend that provide api endpoints.

If you plan to use weweb as a full integrated tool that’s not the way it works.

Hope that helps you!

1 Like

You guessed right :clown_face:

Your biggest limitation from my view is imagination and your backend dev ops abilities

I appreciate the responses I’ve received so far, but I have yet to be convinced that this approach is actually effective. What I’ve observed on these forums are mostly discussions about troubleshooting what should be an intuitive process when integrating WeWeb with back-end systems like Xano or Supabase.

I understand the concept of separating the front-end and back-end, but it appears that it’s still a process of trial and error, and I haven’t come across any concrete large successful examples.

To provide a counterpoint, take Bubble.io, for instance. They offer active templates and comprehensive how-to guides for replicating platforms like Fiverr or LinkedIn. In contrast, WeWeb seems to focus more on explaining the underlying logic, which is a lengthier and less straightforward approach compared to Bubble’s templates.

You might wonder why I’m not using Bubble. The primary reason is its pricing model, which is inflexible and can lead to lock-in. Consequently, I’ve been exploring alternatives such as WeWeb.

Hi John

Where there’s a will there’s a way

You can always subscribe to Bubble just for 1 or 2 months and try this solution.

Also, at this point, scalability is the least of your problem.
I think a lot of founders would love to have this kind of issues.

Until then, you can use whichever technology that gets you started with your first users/clients.

WeWeb has solid foundations and has a lot to offer. You can even start building for free today.

What I’ve observed on these forums are mostly discussions about troubleshooting what should be an intuitive process when integrating WeWeb with back-end systems like Xano or Supabase.

There’s always going to be a learning curve and it’s the same with Bubble.
I would argue that it’s easier to build on WeWeb and that the knowledge you gain by learning WeWeb can also be transferred more easily to other technologies.

Feel free to share a bit more about your projects and the questions you have.

Best of luck

Melwyn