WeWeb app niches

Hi!

I am a freelance designer and developer who builds static websites with Webflow and now I am learning WeWeb to build web apps.

I cannot yet understand what are the niches for no-code web apps in general and WeWeb in particular. I saw a few projects in the showcase section, but I still cannot see clearly who can be my potential customers, how can I position my services and what kind of web apps should I build for my initial portfolio.

I’d appreciate if you can share any insights and experience for no-code web app niches and use-cases.
– Ayk

With WeWeb there is really no niche, you can build anything your client needs. Mostly though, it’s used for backends, ERP stuff, dashboards, client sections etc.

2 Likes

Hi @maray :wave:

Welcome on board! I think with a Webflow background, you’ll enjoy yourself in WeWeb :slight_smile:

There’s a wide variety of ways you could position yourself. It’ll come down to what types of customers you prefer working with I think.

Some thoughts on what people like to see in showcase projects:

• dashboards with different types of dynamic graphs
  • filtering data (searches and selects) - especially if the UX is pretty and the results are lightning fast
  • an AI feature
  • multiple data sources in a single project (e.g. REST API + Supabase)

In terms of use cases, these come up regularly:

• custom CRMs
  • internal tools with roles & permissions
  • SaaS where user can login, see/update/download their own data
  • marketplaces where people can offer/sell or find/purchase products or services

Basically, people like to see an app that’s stylish, fast and dynamic. With your Webflow experience, you’ve probably got the stylish part nailed down already. With WeWeb you’ll need to learn a bit more about displaying and interacting with external data and APIs.

Maybe you can start with some of your existing Webflow customers and ask if they might need you to develop some products / web-apps. A lot of our users (and ourselves!) use Webflow for their static “marketing” websites and WeWeb for other web projects that require external data and reactivity.

Hopefully that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response and tips. While I understand that I can build anything, I want to focus on certain use-cases for my portfolio and first clients.

Hi @Joyce! Thank your for your detailed answer.

It’s much clearer now where I should focus my efforts while learning WeWeb and building my portfolio.

What if a client needs a marketing website and a web app, would you recommend building the landing page with Webflow and the app with WeWeb?

As I understand, WeWeb editor reflects html/css in the same way Webflow does, which means that I can build any layout I want. Although there are certain elements, such as Column element, that are abstracted and I’d prefer to create a div and choose the display type of grid or flex instead of using predefined elements, but that’s for another topic. I also use GSAP library for animation, so I don’t really need interactions functionality that Webflow offers.

I am now collecting some thoughts about WeWeb editor UX and I will post my feedback here some time later when I have more experience with it. Overall I think you are building a really nice product. I’ve just been watching the academy videos and appreciate how well you explain everything!

1 Like

Ideally yes, but it’s not always an option.

Here are a couple of threads on the topic that you might find interesting: