Quizzing system

Hello,
I am completely new to web-dev, have never built a website before and am throwing myself in the deep end. Thought I’d use WeWeb to build out my MVP.
I want it to have a quizzing system, where student complete questions from a question bank on each topic. I am unsure how to build this in WeWeb, can anyone please guide me? Any tutorials would be amazing :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Sounds like a great project to dive in!

I would leave login and authentication for now, it is relatively easy in WeWeb, and can be added later.

To start, you want to create a page that shows the questions, and allows the user to input an answer.

You can create this using the insert elements tool.

Once you have a list of hard coded text and inputs, you can start to think about where you want to actually store your questions and answers.

A lot of folks in the no/lo-code space use other services like Airtable or Xano.

Choose one of those and create a table for your questions (id, question_title, category), a table for your answers (id, question_id, user_id)

Then using the API tools in WeWeb (lots of tutorials on this) pull the question into the page you created.

That should be enough to get you started… not complete :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend going through the tutorials in WeWeb Academy. This will give you a solid foundation upon which to build.

1 Like

Hi @rishdvn :wave:

Can’t wait to see what you build!

Do you have a design you could share by any chance?

I would concur with @Dorian, our course on building an MVP with WeWeb should help :slight_smile:

You’ll see there that how you’ve designed your app and user experience informs a lot of decisions you make when building / integrating your design in WeWeb.

Hello,
Thank you guys for your response! I appreciate it a lot :slight_smile: I watched the MVP course and it was very helpful.
Apologies for the late reply, I was designing a Figma layout to share with you:

I have a few questions related to this:

1. I want the top bar to show what question they are on, and questions they have gotten right/wrong. Do I use states to show this?
  2. There are many different question types (Multiple choice, short answer, mix). Do I create a property in the question table to identify which question type it is, and use WeWeb logic to render a page accordingly? If so, how so? Do you have any tutorials you could share with me please :slight_smile:
    3.I am unsure how I can have one page with multiple questions? Should I allow it to reload every time the user moves to a new question? If I don’t want this, how do I make it so that the only one refresh allows for multiple questions to be loaded and moved through by the user, while saving the users previous answered responses?

I will continue watching tutorials to see if I can answer my own questions too ahah!
Thank you community though, means a lot to me as a someone who is new to the development world

Hi @rishdvn :wave:

Mmm my first thoughts would be to look into:

Perhaps this video of @kyanaloe walking us through the quizz system he build in your app can also give you ideas on how to approach things

Let me know if that helps!