Partial update of an array within object

Hi everybody

I’m currently working on a wizard like form. Basically, with every step (i use the multi-step form) more data is collected. To make the submit on the final step (Insert call to Supabase) as clean as possible, my idea was to bring the data in the form process into a well-structured format.

The problem is, that when I try to partially update the “main” object. It doesn’t get updated.

These are the current workflows I set up:

This is the initial BookingObject that i create based on the information on the first step. I added there an empty array to make this available to be updated in the second step.

On the second step, I get first the values from each input field and create an array (i know this step is currently kind of redundant but I want to make the form more flexible in the future and therefore this design decision).

Also in this workflow, I want to update the object from the first form step with the just created array. But when trying this it always stays empty. (see screenshots for the selected path etc.)

Path:

Update value

(BTW: I also tried to just add the whole array without the for loop)

Is this even possible to do in the no code builder or should i use JS to do this? Also did I select the correct path etc.?

1 Like

Hi @jayjay13 :wave:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share those screenshots and explain your use case. Really appreciate it!

I’m still struggling to understand the specificities of your use case.

Would you mind recording a short video showing what your multi-step form looks like and walking us through each step in your workflows?

I’ll try to reproduce it on my side and find a solution for you. Pretty sure it’s doable in no-code but want to be sure :slight_smile:

Hi @Joyce,

thank you for your reply! I actually found out what the issue was.

Here the problem and the solution:
In the path (for the partial update), I used the bind function of the no-code workflow builder and selected the array that I want to update. I didn’t realize, that I just need to provide the “relative” path from the variable that i selected to change the value. So basically I used, in my case, as the path: “BookingObject.items” instead of just “items”.

Hope this makes sense and helps if somebody else runs into the same issue and is looking for an answer. :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Well done and thanks for sharing the solution :grinning: