Maximizing WeWeb's Potential: Exploring Advanced Features and Integrations

THIS IS FOR THE WeWeb NEWCOMERS :gift:

I’ve had the opportunity to delve deep into the advanced features of WeWeb and explore how they can be used to create robust, dynamic, and interactive websites/web applications in a low-code format. Today, I’d like to share some of these features with you, and I encourage you to share your experiences and questions as well.

1. Formula Sorting: WeWeb allows you to sort data using formulas. This can be incredibly useful for creating dynamic and interactive elements on your website/web application. For example, you might want to display products in a specific order based on user preferences or other criteria.

2. App Manifest Customization: WeWeb gives you control over your app’s manifest file. This is a powerful feature that allows you to define how your app should behave when installed on a user’s device. You can specify things like the app’s name, icons, display mode, and orientation.

3. Google Maps Integration: WeWeb allows you to integrate Google Maps into your website/web application. This can be done via script, giving you access to a wide range of parameters and customization options. This is a great feature for businesses that need to display location information.

4. Visibility Conditions: WeWeb allows you to set conditions for when certain elements should be visible. This can be used to create dynamic interfaces that respond to user input.

5. iFramely Integration: WeWeb supports iFramely, a service that allows you to embed rich media from over 1900 domains. This can be a great way to enhance the content on your website/web application.

6. XANO Integration: WeWeb can be used in conjunction with XANO, a backend-as-a-service platform. This allows you to build complex backend logic for your WeWeb site without writing any code.

7. Input Field Customization: WeWeb gives you a lot of control over input fields. For example, you can enforce that the first letter of an input field is capitalized. This can be useful for form fields like names.

These are just a few examples of the advanced features available in WeWeb. I encourage you to explore these features and see how they can enhance your projects. If you have any questions or if there’s a specific feature you’d like to learn more about, please let me know in the comments.

You can also reach out to me directly on Twitter or Calendly.

Happy building!

1 Like

Hi Grady, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

It’s nice that you just summarized the titles of the last 7 posts in this forum.

Since your post is directed to newcomers it’s better to clarify some points in your list:

1. Weweb has a component that integrates Google Maps without code in a very easy way. There is no need to use a script. The topic you read is about using custom code to integrate Google Maps with some extra functionalities when your needs go beyond the ready-made component. Of course it is possible to integrate more feature with javascript actions in workflows or with custom components.

2. Not only visibibility conditions, or should we say display conditions, but also conditional rendering, which is very powerful. It is a great feature and even though the final result is similar there are some key differences to keep in mind. You can find a good explaination in the docs

3. For what I can see in the editor there is not a iFramely integration in weweb, but it is 100% possible to integrate it using the current features in weweb following iFramely’s docs.

I like the idea of a partial summary of topic titles. It may be a nice idea for a newsletter.

There are a lot more cool features in weweb, expecially with all the amazing stuff the team released recently.

Keep exploring this awesome platform.

4 Likes

@dorilama You’re too polite. This post appears to be a lazy attempt to win some business. The forum should not be used for blatant solicitation like this.

1 Like

@Dorian, glad you could stop by and find some value from the post. This is a community forum and summary’s make it easier for people to find value.

There are a handful of people who have suggested that this community needs something like this and a lot of the content is too technical.

@gradyandersen If you really want to help, I’d appreciate if you can help me with the questions I posted here and here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@Dorian, sure I can take a look. I’m happy to help developers out. Give me some time to look into them :pray:t2:

But for clarity, my post is for non-technical people in the decision making phase who need generalized information to understand if WeWeb is the right choice for them or not and what they can start to look for if they have specific questions they’d like to expand on.

One of the biggest benefits we can do for WeWeb as a platform is help passive readers make purchase decisions quickly.

In highly technical communities it can be difficult for someone to get a straightforward answer about what they can find and if WeWeb is for them or not.