Can't Copy & Paste?

Why can’t I copy/paste an element from one page to another?

You should be able to.

Bear in mind that when pasting an element, it will paste it at the same level as the element you selected in the Navigator.

So if you’re copy/pasting a section, you need at least one section in the Navigator so you can select it and paste the other below.

Not sure what you mean by “at the same level as the element you selected in the navigator”. I have a container with content that is nestled in a tab content on Page A. I select that container and press command C on my mac. I create a new page with 1 section. I press command V. and nothing happens. Are you saying that the page I’m pasting into has to have exactly the same element structure as the page I copied from???

Hi @fredo22 :wave:

Apologies for the confusion.

Here’s a video to clarify things: Fred - copy paste — Tella

It indeed sometimes is a bug that happens, I’m not sure how to emulate this, but sometimes when you’re switching tabs, and other stuff, it just bugs out so that the Ctrl / Command + C / V doesn’t really work.

thanks @Joyce! That was very helpful - for others who are reading this… if I copied an ELEMENT, then I need to have an ELEMENT selected on the page I’m pasting to - before I paste.

1 Like