Another backend possibility for your app

Just putting this out there incase anyone is searching for another backend/nocode database solution for their WeWeb app. Checkout www.altogic.com

It has a very similar feel as WeWeb and uses a flow style UI for creating endpoint logic. If you like the workflow editor in WeWeb, you may like the flows in Altogic.

I haven’t done too much with it, but found it the other day while doing a search.

Its very no-code friendly. Not sure of Pro/Cons, but one thing I liked in it is the ability to create security policies, similar to RLS in Supabase in a visual UI.

2 Likes

Follow up: I got on a demo call with them today to talk through their program. Here are a few things pretty cool features that are worth noting for people:

1. Ability to set dynamic rules for database fields: For example, you set a database field to required = true, based on another field. Such as … if you have a field labeled “are_you_married”, you can make it so that another field called “spouse_name” will then be required. This is at the database level, so it means that all API endpoints/logic will abide by the rule. Pretty cool./

2. Ability to offload logic from an endpoint to a messenger service: This is great because it allows you to return a response to the client, and keep processing data. I’m going to use this to send emails, text messages, and upload files. A great user experience for the user.

3. Row Level Security Policies: As I said above, you can set policies for the the read, create, update, and delete of different objects. This means that you do not need to have the authorization logic cluttering up the endpoint. Just set it once, and the system will handle ensuring that users can only view the records they are authorized to. Currently, this does not support super complex scenarios where other tables would have to be called prior to running the function, but the team is looking into making this a feature. (Technically, you could do complex scenarios with caching, but not super elegant solution)

I’m very impressed with the software and super excited to start working with it.

1 Like

Very cool! Just signed up for an account and certainly looks more user friendly than Xano!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

Any usage feedback, @kevinwasie?

They are sunsetting:

We hope this message finds you well. With heavy hearts, we want to inform you that we will be ceasing operations and shutting down Altogic by the end of October 2023. Over the years, we have immensely enjoyed serving you and are truly grateful for your trust and support.

Key Dates and Actions:

Last Day of Service: October 31st, 2023.

Data Export: We strongly recommend you to export any essential data or information from our platform by October 20th, 2023. Assistance with data export will be available until this date.

Billing: All active subscriptions will be halted, and no further charges will be made beyond September 30th, 2023.

We understand the inconveniences this decision may bring. The choice to close our doors was a difficult one, made after careful consideration. Our commitment has always been to deliver the best possible service to you, and we felt that we could no longer meet that promise in the long run.

Should you have any questions or require further assistance during this transition period, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@altogic.com

Once again, thank you for being a part of our journey. We deeply value the moments we’ve shared and hope our paths cross again in the future.

Warm regards,

Umit Cakmak

Founder & CEO, Altogic