Xano auth sign up problem

Hi! I have the Xano auth plugin but I am needing to ask for extra details like phone number, so I am trying to use the “rest API” plugin to sign up people to my sign up end point.

Upon signing up, I see all the details in my user table has been added successfully, and I see that the restAPI action returns an auth token:

But when I am redirected to my dashboard page after (the next action), I don’t see any user details under “Xano Auth”. It’s as if I never signed up.

How to get this sign up details to reflect?

I tried to “Fetch user” between the sign up action and the redirect to dashboard but I am getting an “Unauthorized” error.

Sign them in using the sign in action after successful creation

I’m wondering if there’s another way?

My understanding is that the rest API action creates an auth token (shown above). Then if I use the login Xano Auth action again, it triggers my login end point, so it creates a second auth token? So the first auth token is redundant?

Pretty much. The plugin isn’t aware that you’ve signed someone in. It’s not waiting for an auth token from that endpoint, even though you are.

The signin action form adapt itself depending of what the endpoint is requiring, so if you have a phone number it should show up in the action form too, you don’t need to use a REST API action. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh! That’s so much better. :slight_smile: