Web self-hosting in Asia

I have zero background in coding and web-hosting. From articles that I read, I understood that I can export my code from weweb for self-hosting. My plan is to export the code and self-host my project in Singapore. However there are some questions that I am not quite sure how that would work out.

1: Will my users face a slower/longer load time when they use my website? Since weweb server isn’t within Asia.

2: For future updates and changes to my project after I self-host it, do I go back to my weweb project to make changes and then export the codes again?~

Thanks alot for your attention

Hi @Kkluz :wave:

1. If most of your users are in Asia and you self-host in Asia, you will most likely benefit from a faster load time since you wouldn’t be using WeWeb servers (currently in North America, though we are working on providing more options in the future :slight_smile: )

2. For future updates after you self-host it, you could edit the code directly but it’s not that straightforward to do because of some code that references our own components and editor. Most users who self-host continue to use the WeWeb editor to make changes and export the code again.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply ~