Self Hosting code

Hi everyone,

I have a question about code export and self-hosting.

If I export the code to self-host, can I install the Weweb editor to develop my App in Self-host mode?
In that case, how does it work when I want to publish it Live?

Thanks a lot,

2 Likes

Hey François, thanks for asking!

1. The self-hosting of the editor is available in SaaS mode only. The reason we do not allow for self-host is because this is very rarely asked by our users and because it would be very difficult to maintain for us → we would need to send you the code to update your versions and you would need to run migrations on your end which would make it hard.

2. However you can self-host your applications, here is how: Hosting & Code Export | Weweb documentation

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any follow-up question.

5 Likes

@Raphael So I can host on vercel or cloudflare with zero vendor lock-in from weweb ?
Are there any limitations there besides the editor ?

Yes correct! No limitation.

1 Like

Wow, that is sweet. Thanks for the reply @Raphael.
So I can export websockets to my database(e.g. supabase) and all states, conditions, relations and other extensions or connected bits without limitations ? And what about importing code which I’ve exported and edited outside Weweb ?

Hi, I’m not sure to understand.

What you can export is the builded version of your webapp, ready to be deployed on any cloud provider or hosting service like Vercel. These are static files that only need to be served, not executed.

The code you imported through custom components and dropped inside your web app in the editor will be found inside the static files too.