Viewing restricted access pages without authentication in preview

Hi team,

Just a quick question. I am using xano auth for my users and have different user groups in my app. I am also limiting access to some of the pages depending on the authentication status and user group as per the standard process.

However when I am not authenticated and I am in preview mode I can still navigate these pages. I assume that this is the intended behaviour in the editor and such occurrence will not happen in prod?

Additionally on the topic of staging changes, are there any plans to roll out a “staging”/testing environments with proper management, so that I can hook up different databases based on the environment as well as conduct “live” testing (no editor view) without affecting the main version?

Thanks again for all your stupendous work!

1 Like

@TrendiMike My experience … the page loads in the editor but it will follow the rules of the authentication plugin once you launch.

Note: You should not see any private data though even in the editor as that should be being authenticated on Xano.

2 Likes

Good to hear that the authentication will work as intended in production, as the editor view was getting me a bit concerned :crazy_face: . And yes, private data is secure as fort knox :wink:

Have you heard anything about staging per chance @kevinwasie ?

1 Like

@TrendiMike That is a question that I also am looking to solve right now.

Two things:

1. WeWeb now shows a variable for whether or not the site is in edit or production mode. This is one way to set up your dev ops.

2. Take a look at this post below:

1 Like

@TrendiMike That is a question that I also am looking to solve right now.

Two things:

1. WeWeb now shows a variable for whether or not the site is in edit or production mode. This is one way to set up your dev ops.

1. Take a look at this post below:

I haven’t made it this far in my development yet as I’m getting ready to launch my project… but I’ve thought about setting up a second project, using that to test, and then possibly copying the project and publishing once work is done on it. I do have some concerns about it, but I think it can be solved with a little bit of work, and over time I think WeWeb will to develop an out of the box solution for this.

3 Likes