SANBOX and PRODUCTION environments

hi guys.

my customer would like to have a “sandbox” environment where they can play around with the system and do training in.
this sandbox environment must be a copy of the production system so each time i do something in the main version, i need to copy/replicate the production environment also to the sandbox environment.

I have a live and test version on xano already. How can go about working on the production system, and then replicating it each time we want to release a new version - to the “sandbox” environment?

Current problem i face is that i can “duplicate or backup” the system, but if i want to push it to production i need to change to a paid plan for every one of these instances, which could be 100’s.

Any suggestion on how to go about this?

Hi @marcosvbi :wave:

One thing that comes to mind is first to separate the sandbox for training (no need for a paid plan) and the sandbox for testing.

Does your customer want to be able to keep the changes they make in the sandbox environment during training?

If not, then I guess you could:

• a paid plan on the production environment,
  • duplicate the prod every time you publish so the customer has an up to date sandbox environment,
  • delete the old sandbox project so it doesn’t clutter your workspace

And if the customer wants to test things, they can publish the latest version of the production environment on the staging environment (you never have to commit those changes to production if you don’t want to).

What do you think? Could that work for your use case or do you foresee difficulties working that way?

1 Like

thanks Joyce. think this could work. lemme give it a go.
thanks

1 Like