Best Practice on Live Site and Demo Site with Xano and Stripe

Hi all

I am using Xano as my backend. I would like to have a ‘live’ version of our application that I can use for demo purposes (i.e. not in the editor) that uses the Stripe test environment, and a totally separate production live site that connects to Stripe live environment. I have not yet tried to explore Staging in either WeWeb or Xano.

What is the best way to achieve these two separate ‘live’ versions of the application, one using test data and test Stripe, and one using real data and live Stripe?

Thanks.

1 Like

I basically need two published versions of the app as follows:

1. Connected to Xano test environment and using Stripe test keys

2. Connected to Xano live environment and using Stripe live keys

Does this mean that every time I want to publish a new version of the app, I need to publish it twice and change the Stripe plugin keys and domain to which I am publishing?

@Quentin or @Joyce any thoughts please? It loooks like I will need to upgrade to the Scale plan in order to get the ‘Production app staging feature’? That’s a BIG jump from $39 to $149 monthly.

The Stripe calls from WeWeb will be handled automatically by the keys in the plug-in - thank you. But I also have Stripe calls happening from Xano. I suppose I will need to update those Xano APIs to use either the test or live keys based on an input I would provide from WeWeb. I suppose I can make that input dynamic based on this environment variable in the global context?

Hi @Dorian :wave:

If you don’t need a WeWeb staging environment, then the Starter plan should be enough.

Have you tried using the Xano data sources & branches and Stripe test keys already?

The Xano plugin has those settings available by default:

And the Stripe plugin allows you to include test keys:

Hi Joyce, thanks for getting back to me. We decided we did need a Staging environment so I upgraded and yes I did configure the different Xano data sources too. Decided to use Xano test for editor and staging and Xano live for production. Thanks.

1 Like