Resolve www subdomain custom domain with Converkit

I want to use Convertkit for onboarding and marketing to new visitors

• Hosting: Cloudflare
  • Front end: WeWeb
  • Convertkit receives form submissions and validates email address

WeWeb requires redirection to subdomain for custom domains using a CNAME name of www. A page says:

"Redirection :

This record is used to redirect your domain name to your WeWeb.io website.
The redirection will be broken if you remove it from your registrar."

Name: www

Type: CNAME

TTL 1800

Value: blahblah.cloudfront.net
These values for SSL and subdomain are entered in the Cloudfare DNS records

Cloudflare invites me to change the nameservers in GoDaddy to Cloudflare

NS etienne.ns.cloudflare.com

NS venus.ns.cloudflare.com

Following a wait I CAN see that jargenie.com is active. However the www redirect is STILL “loading” in the WeWeb platform. But I don’t think that is the root of my problem.

Convertkit wants me to add three “A” records to my DNS table with “www”

A Cloudflare user says "I can’t use www in an “A” record if it’s in a CNAME record

What other options do I have? I’m just fishing here… Can I use the “app” instead of “www” as the subdomain for my project?

Go to Xano?

Go to a different marketing platform?

Suggestions appreciated

Hey @david78737 :wave:

Not sure to get it. Coudn’t you use another subdomain for Converkit? Like emails.jargenie.com for example?

Only www needs to point to WeWeb in your case.

I got a different marketing service working - EmailOctopus.com. They will onboard through a for or webpage and maintain a subscriber list. They do not offer transactional emails but it is adequate for my needs today.

As to the other subdomains, those options were never offered and I did not know how to take advantage of them. I have the custom domain so used Cloudflare as a server (?) so they host all the DNS records. I do not know how that part of websites work so I had no idea how to be creative or cobble a workaround to the ConvertKit CNAME www requirement. Just that between GoDaddy, WeWeb, Cloudflare and Convertkit… The typical layman hasn’t a clue.

Maybe there is a teachable moment in all this offers an opportunity for a video?