Problem with Hyperlinks in Rich Text Input!

Hi everyone, I’m having an issue with the richtext input. When we add a link to a word and want to continue writing our text, the text remains linked. I wanted that once the link is created, the ‘link’ key in the richtext element’s variable becomes ‘false’ so that I can continue writing without the link being attached. If I simply press the ‘link’ icon again, I lose everything. So, the only way is to keep writing and then select the rest of the text that we don’t want to be linked and deactivate it, but this is not practical at all.

You can watch the video below :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @igordev :wave:

Thanks for flagging this! In my opinion, it’s something we need to improve in the rich text input itself. Let me create a product ticket so the tech team can look into it.

2 Likes

Yes please, the rich text element is used a lot in my app and unfortunately has lots to be improved on :[

I think it was mentioned somwhere that Weweb is looking to upgrade its core elements, perhaps the team could start with / prioritize the rich text one because that’s the one that is the most problematic (in terms of what one expects from a rich text element and the final experience), and has the most potential for the biggest and most critical improvements.

For example, improving the select element maybe will take it from 95/100 to 100/100

But improving the rich text will get it from 40/100 to 100/100

1 Like