Paginator issues

Hi everyone,

I have a paginator on a collection. When I click page 2 it does update. However the “…” that appears, or the arrows, don’t change anything. I also cannot go back. Confused as I set this up as per the tutorial. I’ve attached a vid showing the problem. Help appreciated!

NurseTea | WeWeb - 12 March 2024 (loom.com)

bump

@luka or @Joyce are you able to help me, please?

Do you fetch data from Xano? I think the issue is there. I was also struggling with it following the tutorial. You probably mix up using limit/offset vs page/per page.

I only use limit and offset. I add these as Xano inputs and map these to the external sorting.

Indeed, provide more information about your collection type

Hi both,

The collection is from xano. Hope this helps

You are going to have to use the custom paginator option and bind to the fields in xano

The loom is no longer available so you would have to record a new one if it still doesnt work

hi luka I shared this with @flo florian and @Joyce on the office hours this week. We couldn’t find a resolution and I was asked to post in the community.

Here’s the link of my screenshare: https://youtu.be/64w0rYa_sjg

Hi @achambers1997 :wave:

Really sorry we couldn’t find a solution during the Office Hours.

Can you try changing the page and offset inputs to integers in Xano? Right now they are text inputs. I’m wondering if it could be causing the issue.

If that doesn’t do the trick, can you record a short video that shows:

• how the Xano collection is setup in WeWeb, especially what values we send for the offset and page inputs
  • how the paginator variable value is updated when you click on the paginator in preview mode and have the debugger opened on the variables tab and showing the paginator variable (this can help us see if there’s a logic problem in how the variable is updated)
  • what the container is bound to (note that if you add frontend filters, the paginator will be confused because it is calculating based on the number of items at collection level)

Hi joyce,

Seems like the integers removed the “infinity” text showing. Thanks! Still a problem with some items not showing however

thanks in advance:

Can you show me your pagination done in xano? a few screenshots of settings will do fine

Mainly to screenshot the Output and External settings in the Query all action

By the way, if you are already passing the page number to XANO, calculating the offset will only get you wrong results

Meaning:

• If you have 8 total items
  • If you query for page 1 you will get the first three
  • If you query for page 2 with offset 0 you will get the second three
  • If you query for page 2 with offset 3 you will get the last two because of the offset
1 Like

Thanks all - looks like altering the offset as per luka’s advice worked