Need help to choose the best database for my web application

Hi, dear experts! I just joined the development team without code of WeWeb (I had development experience in Bubble). I found out that there is no built-in database in WeWeb, I need to connect to a third-party DB for storage.

I want to build a complex application - similar to freelance marketplace (interaction of Customers and Contractors). Similar to Upwork, but with its own specifics.

I want to ask, since I am not an experienced developer, what data storage application (Database) can I connect to be the most secure and optimal? Earlier for other projects I used SQL (MySQL, PostreSQL), but when connecting the plugin to connect to the database, I saw a message that this type of database is better used for internal applications, for wide access of external users another type of database is recommended.

Please help, suggest - what platform for data storage is better to use (I am considering Xano and Supabase) ?

I will be glad to any hints!

Xano is considered nocode.

For supabase you should have some knowledge of SQL, and it’s not Nocode - But there are basically no limitations.

Both works great with weweb!

3 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the reply, I’ll be looking into this!

Xano. Happy to help if needed

1 Like