Multiple domains

Hi guys - Question… I have an (app.) sub-domain for my app that I use from the Login screen onwards (Example: User logs into app, and the rest of the UX happens from there).

I’d also like to add my root/main domain with (with the typical www.) and be able to use that to build my front end customer facing website as well. How can I add multiple domains to 1 project to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Jon

Is your landing page (the www) build in WeWeb too or some other platform?

@Dorian Im trying to move it all to Weweb. Right now I have my front end webpage for SEO and marketing etc setup in Webflow, but Id like to streamline the whole experience under a paid weweb project. Just dont know if if it can transition from the www. to app. within the same project…

I have my landing page (www) in Framer and WeWeb on app subdomain. My understanding is that WeWeb isnt the best at SEO and so thats why the landing page is in Framer. If you’re moving the landing page to WeWeb then you can just change all of WeWeb to be on www and discard the app subdomain - right?

Yeah I guess i technically to do that… just wonder what the seo implication of doing that are ( having the app and the seo site on the same subdomain)… I am also not 100% sure why, but I was told by a friend to split the subdomain to app. from the SEO page in general, which I assume is why when I log in to other software like intuit etc whatnot it changes to the app. domain… Do you know why major software companies do that lol? is it just SEO?

I dont know sorry. I know very little about SEO in general.

Hello :wave:

It’s pretty common practice to host different projects on different subdomains. I think most domain registrars will allow you to add as many subdomains as you want.

For example, Google has their main product (the search engine) on the naked domain and www subdomain but they have other products on other subdomains like analytics, drive, calendar, etc.

In our case, we have:

• our marketing website on the naked domain and www subdomain
  • our Discourse forum on the community subdomain
  • our Academy app on the academy subdomain
  • our public roadmap app on the feedback subdomain, etc.

You can’t attach one subdomain to certain pages and another subdomain to others. So if you wanted to build both projects in WeWeb, you would need two WeWeb projects: one with the pages of your website, and one for your app.

Does that make sense?

@Joyce

I have a sort of similar question

I am building a internal management tool, with a read only client portal.

I want to bind multiple subdomains to my app like for example

client.myapp.com
supplier.myapp.com

Based on the URL path, I want to show a title on the login page like Clientportal and Supplier Portal.

Auth wise (using Xano) I have one User table. An user has either the role Client or Supplier.

After successful authentication using the Xano plugin. I want to check the role of the user and if it is a client I want to redirect to client home page and if it is a supplier I want to redirect to the supplier home page.

Is this possible?