Is it possible to edit the exported Vue.js code from WeWeb?

Is it possible to edit the code exported from WeWeb as a Vue.js application on my local machine and make changes on the front-end, or is the exported code not editable?

It’s not meant to be edited manually but you can do it if you want. There is a link to a sample project if you want to check it out Is there a sample project with Vue.JS exported code for review? - #15 by Quentin

Are you able to run these sample project locally? I am trying to run but facing issue.

without details about your issues I can only guess.
The built project works as is, you only need to serve the assets. The raw project builds using nodejs v18 and you can serve the built assets.

You’d have to set up a local weweb server too I’d imagine.

This is a requirement for self hosting.

The weweb server only matters if you are using some plugins that use the server for managing secrets, like supabase and openai. Statechange members have moved to self-hosting without requiring the server component. Sometimes we change the weweb setup a little to remove the dependency on some bit that used that functionality (e.g. by going from openai direct connection to mediating through Xano) but then the process gets much smoother.

1 Like

how can I run expoted vue.js code if there is no package.json file?