Introducing Habit Stackr!

Hey WeWeb community! It’s amazing how powerful weweb is for the technically challenged like myself. I wanted to share a very basic journaling and habit tracking app I built using WeWeb + Xano. I’d be grateful for folks to give it a go and share any constructive criticism to help improve my nocode skills. Thanks all!

App link:
https://5c6b1ab2-d4bf-4a9f-872b-d0060df16be2.weweb-preview.io/?_source=/home/

3 Likes

Nice! Love the design so far. I found the popular habit suggestions helpful :grinning:

Something seems slightly off with the navigation. Did you use several pages with a multi-page section for the top navbar on each section?

A note on the new user experience though: my first thought as a new user was: oh boy, they’re asking me for an email address even though I don’t know them. My second thought was: oh wow, now I need to think of a PIN number that’s unique to this app but that I’ll remember.

Somehow it felt a bit intrusive and out of the blue but maybe from finding the link on here and not being warmed up to the experience :grinning:

Keep up the great work! Looks lovely :slight_smile:

Very cool :slight_smile:

Thanks @Joyce!

The app is 4 pages (sign in, home, journal and habits) and is using multi-page sections, including the nav bar. Should I take another approach?

Definitely don’t want it to be intrusive and but do want it to be easy to access and remember. Do you have any suggestions for this?

@Broberto I appreciate you taking a look. It was a fun project that is helping me scratch the surface with what’s possible.

1 Like

Hi @jarryd :wave:

No, that would be the correct approach. I took the liberty of checking out your project in the WeWeb editor, I hope that’s ok!

A couple of things that might help for UX:

• when the user clicks on the “Journal” link, it could be good to change the page and then on page load, display a loader while the collection is fetched.
  • on some sections, you use the CSS display property. the page might load faster if you use the conditional rendering option instead. here are the docs on that works and the difference between the two

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, it’s probably just me being weird :sweat_smile: I think a couple of things that might have helped:

• maybe having a little bit more information on the landing page (though I love the clean LP as well! from your point of view, you might want to keep it empty because there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have signed up if there was more info on the page :wink:)
  • using email + password instead of email + PIN. not sure if this is a personal thing but I associate using a PIN with going into my bank account and phone and a couple of governmental platforms, so things where I definitely want the PIN to be unique and not easy to guess. on the other hand, I’m used to having passwords for all sorts of other apps. it felt weird being asked a PIN for an app I had just discovered.

Hope that helps! Again, awesome job, looks great!!