Hi there, Wes from the USA (Indianapolis) here

Hi all, Wes from the USA here. I realize I’ve never properly introduced myself, but I’ve been lucky to chat with a few awesome folks already @kevinwasie, @dorilama, @Slavo, Cedric, and the WeWeb team.

:information_source: About Me

• I’ve been hooked on “no-code” tools since building my first project with Wordpress, Airtable, Zapier, and Typeform back in 2017
  • My background has been wearing multiple hats (marketing, growth, operations, HR, finance ops) at early-stage startups. Most recently, I was full-time in a BizOps role for another no-code front-end (Stacker)
  • Last year, I started doing consulting work with Airtable, Integromat/Make, Zapier, and various Airtable front-ends. I went full-time earlier this year, but the Airtable ecosystem’s limits always bugged me.
  • When I discovered Xano and WeWeb, it felt like anything was possible. I feel like the combination is finally a no-code toolset that bridges the previous gap between “playful no-code tools” and “scalable web apps”. I loved the fact that both tools don’t want to be all-in-one as I’d rather optimize for the best front-end tool and the best back-end tool separately.

:earth_americas: Location

• I’ve been in Indianapolis (USA) since the pandemic, but I’m moving to Mexico City next month.
  • Previously, I lived in Medellin (Colombia) and Buenos Aires (Argentina). Hay algunos hispanohablantes acá?

:rocket: Goals

• Short-term: I want to get better at Xano and WeWeb myself as I’m working through my first client project with the toolset. I’m really excited to get this project live and get a case study out there.
  • I’d love to grow my business, Rarely Decaf by focusing in on serving problems well-addressed by Xano + WeWeb.

I personally think there’s massive opportunity in this space, and I’m excited to be here at what feels like the ground floor of the movement!

Twitter, LinkedIn

5 Likes

It’s so great to have you on board @caffeinatedwes! :grinning:

How long did you live in Colombia and Argentina?! Both are on my bucket list! Would love to hear recommendations for living there for 2-4 months.

Back to no-code: thanks for asking the hard questions (like how to think about state management)! Those are topics we sometimes forget to talk about but really want to make accessible to a larger number of people.

Love your goals! Can’t wait to see you achieve them :grinning::raised_hands:

1 Like

I was in Argentina for 5 months back in 2017 and Colombia for just under a year total between 2018 and the start of the pandemic in 2020.

Recs really depend on what you like! Regarding Colombia, I really love Medellin and would recommend staying there. If you’d live there for 2-4 months, I’d recommend staying in the Laureles neighborhood over the Poblado neighborhood. It’s slightly less touristy and a little less nomad-y, which is nice if you’re spending more time there. There’s still a ton of awesome restaurants and coworking spaces, and 2-3 coworking spots that are nice. Definitely spend some time outside the city, too—the country feels magical.

I feel like Buenos Aires was long ago, but I have some recs there, too. Send a message if you find yourself in either place!

My pleasure! I feel like a lot of dev/technical education has to be rethought right now, and you all are doing a great job so far!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

What a wonderful introduction, thanks a lot Wes! We are super happy to count you among our users and to have you as an active community member.

1 Like

We’ve already talked on Twitter, but it’s so cool to see you here man!

1 Like

Hello, Wes. Nice to meet you. I am a WeWeb & Xano user as well.

1 Like