Help installing a PWA

Hi, I’m having trouble finding instructions on installing a PWA on an iPhone. I have published it with the PWA screen filled out, and in the docs it says that when a user goes to the app in the browser o. their phone, there will be an option to install it. For some reason this isnt happening when I go to the website.

Hi @mark :wave:

To install the PWA on iPhone, I think the easiest way would be to access the app on a browser, click on the Share icon of the browser, then Add to Home Screen:

Thanks! This works great, I’m just hoping we can get our “not so tech savy” audience to do it lol

Hehe indeed! The tech team accelerated exploration on PWA features this week. Push notifications are top of mind but other features are under review as well.

Being able to add a workflow on a button so the app is installed on the user’s phone when they click on it would be great!

I’ll share this thread with them to help them prioritize :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @Joyce , just wanted to check if any of the two features regarding pwa is getting launched soon!

1. Push Notifications
  2. Workflow to install on click of a button. (Hope this also includes listening back so that the button can be removed when pwa is installed)

If there is a workaround for the 2nd use case as well, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Hi @akshatgarg :wave:

Item #2 should be released shortly. It’s been developed and went through the QA process this week but needs a little more work before it’s ready :slight_smile:

Item #1 has been postponed a couple of times because we’re not 100% sure how we want to approach the challenge. Still exploring various options so can’t share an estimated timeline.

1 Like

Thanks Joyce for the update. Looking forward to it :smile: