Entire Page Build Disappears with One Click, Saved History Gone

A few hours of work building a framework with Nav and Dynamic content…then I accidentally click to Delete a Section. Everything disappears and then the Save History is gone, too.

Forced to start over! Is this the expectation of WeWeb? How could that be at all possible?!

While I’m new to WeWeb, I never experienced such a thing with Webflow.

To say I’m pissed is an understatement. What a waste of time.

Hi @matt-thrive :wave:

Oh no :frowning:

This should not happen. As long as you don’t change page, control or command Z and the save history on the page should work fine.

If you delete a section on page A, navigate to page B, and then come back to page A, indeed the change will be final. The only option then is to revert back to a previous version of the editor but those are not available on free plans.

Can you send me a direct message with a link to the project this happened on so I can take a look?

Yes, I would DM you but that option doesn’t seem to exist.

Are the “saves” only localized?

You might not have the option yet if you’re a new member to the community but here’s how you can check:
CleanShot 2023-11-17 at 11.23.51

This “Save” on each page is localized yes:

When you try to navigate to another page while something is still being saved, you should see a warning that asks you to confirm you want to change page.

But if you’ve deleted a section by mistake on page A, we won’t know that and will let you navigate to page B. If you come back to page A, you will start with a new “Initial State”.

As mentioned above, you can still rollback to a previous version of the editor if you have access to backups (that will depend on your plan.