Newbie. Just refreshed. 4 hours work just disappeared?

Just started out with WeWeb. Up until 5 minutes ago i was over the moon and super excited. Ive been following from a tutorial and demo file creating my own app…refreshing along the way and happy seeing the “saved” message until all of a sudden. refreshed and half my works vanished! Seems like the last 4 hours just dissapeared. I went to the versioning panel to find out this only works for published apps!

Whats happened here? Any way to recover?

like seriously…ive lost loads. Feel like throwing my laptop out of my window. almost all my api workflows, all my variables…trigger workflows… did you just suffer an outage or something?

How does this even happen? Had a seperate project opened in another tab but that shouldnt have wiped me so cleanly back to a few hours ago? Whats going on…!

That sucks I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve been building the last few hours and haven’t experienced any issues. It might have something to do with it being opened in 2 tabs, but I’m not sure. I haven’t tested that with WeWeb but I know I use a ton of tools where being signed into 2 different accounts in different tabs causes issues.

So sorry to hear that, I wish Weweb would support backups for everyone!

Small apps need backups too, but it’s only available for larger apps on the $100+ plan.

Hi @jack_mates,

So sorry to hear that. Can’t recall this ever happening before. Could you send me a DM with a link to your project? We’ll investigate and try to recover it for you (can’t guarantee it’s doable but we’ll try!).

UPDATE: @Mael will take over directly in the support chat. He is investigating the issue with the dev team and might have additional questions for you to isolate the incident.

Not to this extreme but this happens to me a lot. Stuff just CHANGES on me… Things revert or disappear. I feel like I am losing my mind sometimes.

It might be a cool feature to see some status of the sync, or a notification when you go out of sync, as you get in Figma when you lose connection. Maybe save it temporarily in localstorage, or something similar

I’ve had this issue too. In the last week a lot of changes I’ve made seem to have randomly reverted to an older state.

I’ve lost multiple workflows. At first I thought I may have accidentally deleted them but the triggers set up for them were triggering workflows from when I first duplicated an element.

Then I thought maybe the changes hadn’t saved, or that I had never actually done the work I thought I had - but the workflows had connected with my backend API (Xano) and were passing back data correctly.

Did this issue get solved or the reason identified?

Hi @mcuk :wave:

We had some stability issues when saving a page this summer. The issues have since be resolved.

Did you take screenshots or record a video when it happened by any chance?

Can you create a bug ticket here with more information?

This just happened to me. I didn’t lose anything important. I was doing the Figma tutorial. Got pretty much to the end. Logged in this morning and i just have a completely blank page. I haven’t lost anything important but I don’t want this happening when I’m building my actual app. Has this issue been identified?

Hi @benjiI :wave:

I can see this in your project:

Is that what you were looking for or did you go further than that?

@Joyce My bad. I’m an actual idiot. I was looking at the Home Page and not the Customer Portal page that was created. The score is Benji 0 - WeWeb 1. Lol. Sorry.

Haha no worries. I do stuff like this all the time :sweat_smile: I blame it on being in the zone too much when I build! :smile:

Hey there,

I’m archiving this topic as the stability issues that were reported in August were resolved in September.

If you run into saving or publishing issues in the future, please report the bug in the support app so the team can prioritize accordingly.