ELEM UNDEF present after reopening project

Hey, second time encountering this. Is there anyway to prevent this or roll this instance back? Yeah, having backups would be a start :wink: Just wondering what I can do when facing this situation. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

To add, I have a js function associated with these buttons that do look at the document.head ā€“ this is intended to actually look at this documentā€™s head. Could be an issue.

Just wanted to follow back up and see if anyone from WeWeb could shine some light on this or help me prevent these issues in the future.

Hi @Cam :wave:

Best thing to do is report the bug here with information about what element was there before.

Not 100% rolling back to a previous version of the editor would work but you can give it a try by going in your project settings in the Deployments or Backups tab.

Here are the docs on the topic.

Could be. Have you tried removing it or opening the project in safe mode?

Hi Joyce, Iā€™ll have to try this in the future! I had removed the div already with the components that had the js added to them. Thanks so much for this information, itā€™s super helpful.

Ah yes. Unfortunately, thatā€™s the one thing that will make it impossible to recover the element :confused:

The tech team is working hard to get rid of those undefined elements but the fix may still be a few weeks ahead. In the meantime, weā€™re going to change the ā€œELEM UNDEFā€ message so itā€™s less scary and more informative by guiding you through the recovery process.

2 Likes

This has happened to me twice and because it is happening to multi page sections it is messing up a ton of my work, and although it says click here for more info (see screenshot) you cannot actually click anywhere for more info.

I donā€™t understand why the free tier doesnā€™t have the capability to save because then I could roll back to the previous iteration. It would be nice to understand why this is happening so we know how to avoid it.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 211228|690x324

Hello @Joyce seems like either the commits donā€™t work, or it doesnā€™t work with the Libraries, I can see my broken component working in the last Automatic Commit, but when I do a rollback, it seems like it does nothing.