Display collection on page when it is updated outside of Weweb

Hello!

I am using a webhook to trigger a Pipedream workflow so I can do multiple API calls at once and return some data to Xano.

I have the Xano table set up as a collection in Weweb but it does not update on the page unless I refresh. Is there a way to make this happen?

I am displaying the data in Columns that repeat all items from the collection.

I am not sure if this is something that happens in the editor or if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Xano doesn’t support real-time data connections yet. You have to keep checking the backend

Better said by @raydeck here on the xano forum

Subscription mechanisms for realtime data often involve websockets. That’s how subscriptions in Graphql usually work, for instance.

Xano is HTTP-only, which means that whenever you poll, you can get the latest data (assuming one turns off caching), but there is not a built-in mechanism to push that data.

1 Like

Thanks @jaredgibb, that is good to know!

Do you know of any Xano alternatives that to have this functionality? Like supabase or similar.

Thanks again!

Ed

My team is utilizing supabase. We love it’s real-time data connection and the native weweb plugin to support auth and db actions.

Now, they don’t have a nocode function builder and most of our team also codes in js or python so it’s made it much easier to get up and running.

Thanks Jared, quick question - when you are using Supabase, does it update in real-time whilst you are in the weweb editor? I have added supabase and enabled real time collections but it still doesn’t load unless I refresh the page.

Thanks again for the suggestion

Did you set real-time on your table in supabase?