Hi, Maciej from Warsaw πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±

Hi everyone,
I’m Maciej. Nice to meet you all. I am learning no-code development with WeWeb and Supabase as my stack. I am very enthusiastic about WeWeb and impressed with its capabilities. Hope WeWeb will grow further as a platform.

Have a nice day,
Maciej

3 Likes

Hi @maciej.ziolkowski :wave:

Really nice to have you on board. We hope so too! :grinning:

Is you had to choose 3 things to prioritize to grow the platform, what would those be?

Hi @Joyce, three things I’d love to see are:

1. More keyboard shortcuts (keyboard shortcuts everywhere!) - I’d love to be able to control more actions from the keyboard - I think this will speed up repetitive tasks.
  2. Branching
  3. Custom plugins creation - to extend WeWebs capabilities.

Cheers,
Maciej

1 Like
  1. β†’ https://developer.weweb.io/

Is custom plugin development widely available now? Last I looked the docs are only custom components and custom plugins were β€œtalk to us”.

(I have ideas if they are!)

Howdy @maciej.ziolkowski, glad to see you here! Are you just new to no-code or are you new to development in general? It would be awesome to hear about your background, what caught your eye in WeWeb, and why it inspired you to use it over other technologies.

oh yeah, i get confused with all the names :sweat_smile:

still you can extend weweb functionality with custom code component

1 Like

anyway it was available to anyone 2 years ago, of course it was for frontend only plugins without a backend part. at the time custom elements were without actions, so plugins were the only one who could do it. I had fun by making a plugin for swapping color themes.

2 Likes

Hi @gradyandersen. I am kind of new to development in general. I made some attempts to learn to code in the past, but nothing complex. I discovered Bubble a year ago, but I did not like the overall experience of the platform. Later, I’ve found out about Plasmic as a low-code front-end platform and that it was possible to integrate with Supabase. And I’ve found WeWeb listed among low-code platforms providing integration with Supabase. And so, here I am :slight_smile: .

What caught my eye in WeWeb were Supabase integration, very active community and great Youtube channel with tons of materials to learn from. I also love the fact that the WeWeb team is dedicated to help people learn their platform.