Would anyone be interested in starting a SaaS builder's community discord?

I noticed there is no Weweb discord, but I’m curious if anyone would be interested in a SaaS builder’s community that covers topics like no-code / low-code but also other development tools like Xano, Supabase, and more “hardcore” development tools? The discord could also cover areas like SaaS launch strategies, marketing, growth, LLC formation, etc.

I just put this form together to gauge interest: https://forms.gle/TZu32MiP17s6sRLv7

And @weweb team, definitely let me know if this post violates any community rules here. I do NOT want the discord to turn into some guru-fest or SaaS pitch echo-chamber and would stay 100% free and community-driven. If there’s interest, I’ll probably post this on Reddit too, but wanted to start with the Weweb community first because I’m biased and that’s what I’m using to build lol.

Thanks!

Have you built any SaaS? There was a WeWeb Discord, but it’s more easy to manage and browse here with threads, topics and categories (I’d like a revamp of these).

I’m in the pre-MVP stage right now. This is my first SaaS and while this forum is excellent and very responsive, there are topics I’d like to chat through that fall far outside the scope of this community, so I figure it would be useful to have a broad SaaS community that’s not just limited to Weweb development!

You can set a thread to discuss anything here, it’s a big misconception that you gotta discuss only dev stuff here. I think @Joyce, this forum could use some less dev and more off-topic/business categories too.

1 Like

I’d still argue that real-time chat has its benefits over a forum.

1 Like

Mmm good point @Broberto. What categories would you like to see? Are there any communities out there you think we should take inspiration from?

@chocpretz, no problem. I’ll fill the form myself because I’m interested BUT not in a Discord to be honest :grimacing: I know it’s a great platform but I already need to switch my attention to too many places so I already know I wouldn’t be active :confused:

That said, I have been thinking of starting a podcast on my personal time to chat with devs and non-devs alike. Would be up for doing some informal Twitch sessions with SaaS builders also. It could be a weekly recurrence with 2-5 different people (depending on availability) chatting about their projects.

What do you think? Would you want to give it a try?

You could make a poll with some categories such as before mentioned Off-Topic and Business for starters. Then the discussion might bring some more ideas. A thread about this would be a good idea, to ask the people here also. I’d do it, but it gets more attention if someone from WeWeb team does it.

• Yes
  • Definitely Yes
0 voters
1 Like

At Qream we have a discord if you want
No need to talk about QreamUI or anything you can ask question or share things
Qream Qream
Nothing fancy neither very active atm but yeah it’s a place

1 Like

And, to get an idea about the SaaS, read this article now.