Weweb/Supabase filters have a mind of there own

This could be a bug or not… I have a table in supabase that will have a lot of line items. I am using the filters when adding the collection. However, it is saying certain columns that should be text are objects so I cant do a search filter because it only gives me the option of an “Exact match”

When I make an entire new collection with the same table the text column is a text but other ones are objects. It just has a mind of its own when trying to read the column type.

In short. I am struggling because certain columns are turning into objects and I cant figure out why. Some of my arrays work and some turn into columns.

The column type should be text in this filter and the column is not an array…

These are 2 different collections but the exact same table and exact same way configuration.
Notice the first one has “Category” as an object but in the second one it is a text
In the first one “Project_number” is a text but the second one it is an object. This messes up my filter.

I think i somewhat figured it out… It has something to do with if there are items with “Null” in the column in supabase

1 Like

I have had a similar issue before and it just some how worked itself out so your idea that its related to the null values could make sense.

Ya it is the Null issue… So if you set it up with an item that has null in it it will import as an object. But if every line has something in it imports the right type… which when you are usually testing things you probably only have one or two lines that probably have every column filled out with test data. So it should work if you set it up all at the start.

I was adding filters later on so I had to add data into every line/column to get it to read the right data type. Once it is set though it keeps it even if there are null items

1 Like