Using Accordion element to create FAQs - the new title doesn't get reflected when expanded

Hi fam, i appreciate your time reading my post - only 1 straightforward issue:

I’ve created an FAQ section with WeWeb using the Accordion element. It has been easy-breezy until I tried to expand the FAQ titles on Preview: I realized the question title (both texts and formats) don’t get reflected when expanded, and it only shows its default mode which is “Opened accordion”.

To make it clear, for exmaple, my FAQ 1 is a question “Xxxxxxx”. This would only show properly when the question is not expanded. Once I click on the “Expand” icon, the title gets back to its default mode,
“Opened accordion”, while the answer part can be shown properly when expanded.

To find the solution, I realized there is a workflow for Accordion’s question block. But the workflow basically is triggered by “On Click” action with no further steps. So I’m really confused now…

Click ‘Toggle edition’ and then you will see the opened header, you can match the text then

@luka any reason why this is such a “big tech debt”? You can do this with states, no?

Ive started reviewing all the elements recently and they’re going to start getting updated, this element was made a long time ago so I don’t know what was the exactly reason for this behavior

1 Like

You can probably do it with this workflow action:

I think the trick is identifying whether the accordion is opened or not. But since the default is closed, you could just do a variable like “accordion_open = false” as default, and then toggle it based on clicks, if/then, etc.

1 Like

Hi Guys. I forgot to update here yesterday - I accidentally found the way to correct it:

1st: Go to “review” mode by clicking on the Eye icon
2nd: Expand a question so I can see the answer along with the default “Opened Accordion” title
3rd: Then go back to the edit mode right away, now I can edit the “Opened Accordion” to the font and text I want
4th: Go back to “review” mode to do the same for the rest of question titles I want to change

Thanks. But I don’t seem to have this “Toggle edition” button under the “Specific” drop-down. I’m on a free plan btw. See the screenshot below please.

I found a way to do it yesterday, not the most convenient way though.

You should select the Accordion or Expand element instead of the text