Show beyond the paginated results with filters

I am using a pagination for 200+ item list, but also I want to use filters.
When I filter, it only shows the values in the first page of the list, not showing any matching values from other pages of the pagination.

If needs more detail,

List has 220 values, paginated for 50 values per page.
First page has 20 items matching the filter, there are 20 others in other pages…

When filtered, I only see the 20 in the first page, other 20 is not shown.

Basically pagination needs to be recalculating after each filter, not sure how to trigger that…

Any ideas?

What you did was you paginated from backend, and filtered with frontend.

How to adjust that is you probably need to filter on backend. You can do that by binding the collection filter to a variable which is the value of the filter, and create a workflow to change the variable and refetch everytime you use the filter.

Let me know if that’s unclear

I am using Airtable as source, and if I am not wrong, I cannot use backend filters with Airtable.

I managed to do it, with the workflow addition to refetch collection on change and filters checking variables on fetch. All working fine, thanks for the suggestion.

Amount of tinkering it requires with lack of good UI is a bit painful though.

1 Like

Aha… seems like filters are working perfectly but pagination stops working when filters activated. I can dodge it by limiting the filters to 50 as no subset is bigger than 50 but I want to understand why it is not working… seems like pagination is not resetting itself on refetched data…

Sorry I don’t understand. When you refetch the collection the pagination doesn’t work? Can you provide a picture how you do the collection pagination and filters?