How to properly setup collection with airtable? And with collection pages

Hello there,

I am setting up a page with a list of products, and I have my data store in airtable.

Firstly, I have setup my collection to be static and when I am inside the collection page, I could not find the quick access page next to the collections, variables, functions, etc. I could only connect it to one specific collection item, which is not what I want to present with the page.

Secondly, I have setup a filter to limit / to achieve the “search with filter”, but everytime I click the next page in the paginator, it drops the filter.

I will later put up a video regarding to these two problem that I encountered.

1 Like

how do I create a link to my project?
This is the link of video about the first problem: https://youtu.be/Bp9g_3rzNPA
This is the link of video about the second problem: https://youtu.be/KSH9cQdWEAg
This is the link to the project: ()

Hi @markleungLC :wave:

Thanks so much for taking the time to record these videos. Both are super helpful!!

For the first problem, it appears to be a bug on our side. I’ve informed the tech team so that they can look into it.

For the second problem, links to static collection pages don’t work when the data is filtered because we use the id in the unfiltered Collection to create the page.

It’s something the team is aware of and looking to improve but it hasn’t been prioritized yet.

You can upvote the feature request on our public roadmap to help us prioritize it in the future.

In the meantime, this thread explains a workaround you can use.

2 Likes

Hi @Joyce

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the first problem later after the bug is fixed.

About the second problem, are you saying the pagination (paginator) of the collection list do not work with filter? I am not sure that “links to static collection page” is referring to the probelm.

Many thanks!

Ah ok no, sorry, I answered the second question too fast! Let me have a another look :slight_smile:

Hi Joyce,
Any updates on the issue? Thanks!

Hi @markleungLC :wave:

Part of the issue is that the Paginator relates to the full Collection but the Collection on the page is filtered with the multi-select. So you can see, for example, that there is 224 pages when all the filters are empty and 224 pages when you select Herman Miller.

You might be able to solve that with Custom pagination or filters at the Collection level instead of on the page. Just asked the question to the tech team. I’ll get back to you on that one!

But it is indeed strange that the selected brand disappears when you click on the Paginator and resets the multi-select to empty. It might be a bug, I’m not sure. Just asked the tech team. I’ll let you know when they get back to me.

1 Like

Hi @Joyce

Thanks for the advice on the pagination issue! I will try the collection level filter or other work around to make the filter works. Looking forward to get good news from you and your team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @markleungLC :wave:

Just wanted to let you know we haven’t forgotten about you but still need a bit more time to look into this :slight_smile:

Are there updates to the issue?

Hi @markleungLC , we corrected a couple of bugs that we think caused the issue. We didn’t check that it worked on your project because the collection had been changed to static and we didn’t want to mess with that.

Can you check on your side if it works now with a dynamic collection?

1 Like