Self-hosting on AWS Elastic Beanstalk

In the self-hosting explainer video, it’s clear the demo user is using AWS Elastic beanstalk, which looks like an awesome option.

In the setup of beanstalk, there are options of which platform to use…NET, PHP, Node.js… does it make any difference which we choose? What was the person making the demo using?

For those reading this, one also needs to set up an s3 bucket and EC2 instance for Elastic Beanstalk

Hi, we was using EC2 to host our servers at this time, that’s why. So the demo is showing you how to host our weweb server the same way we hosted it ourself. We recently moved to ECS after reworking our architecture but it’s still relevant.

I’m not sure if the platform is relevant or not, it probably depend of the way you host it as we provide a docker file to bring the dependencies

But it require nodejs 16 from what I remember.

@Marc may have more information to provide about it

Ok, I understand. Now I understand why he had the projectid in the S3 bucket path.

Assuming a client wants to use AWS, what would you advise as the best was to self host solution that will have reasonable usage, but not crazy scale.

I see a few options:

1. Elastic Beanstalk with s3 and EC2 behind it
  2. Lightsail with s3 behind it
  3. Cloudfront with s3 behind it

what do you think?

thanks
Paul

Hi @productly,
The easiest way to self host on AWS is Elastic Beanstalk in my opinion but there are many other options.
If you choose EB, you should use a NodeJS config.