Query crashes Weweb editor

:wave:Hi everyone,

In order to display data in a searchbox, I’m trying to obtain the elements of a table with 39,146 records.

Problem: The query takes a very long time to complete and the Weweb editor crashes.

A short video about the crash

Do you have any solutions for me?

If you have an alternative way of displaying cities, I’d like to hear it too.

Best advice would be to implement pagination in xano and do any large filtering on xano side

1 Like

Hi Luka,

Thanks for your answer, I’m trying to make a searchbox to display Frances cities, like this example below.

Capture d’écran 2023-11-05 144605

To do this, I retrieved the data from a CSV file and I’m trying to retrieve the elements from Xano. I’m thinking I might try retrieving them directly from a Google Sheet, maybe it’ll be less cumbersome.

What I would do is on every input value change is call XANO and get 10 cities that are closest match to the input value

1 Like

Thanks Luka, do you have an example via Xano and Weweb? The editor crashes directly just by doing a Get API

I think you should use Google’s API instead and set it up, so it returns only France for example, if that’s your need. This would save you a lot of time and it would also be more precise I think.

3 Likes

Hey @FlorianH,

Indeed you should either:

• Use the Google Places API
  • Send the filter to your Xano endpoint and return only cities that match the query

Indeed, loading 39k+ records in a browser is way too much. That’s why you’re killing one.

Keep in mind that a browser is not a powerful server, so loading too much data will kill the end user’s browser by provoking a memory leak.

2 Likes