Pdfreactor with Weweb

Does anyone have experience with Pdfreactor in combination with weweb and/or xano. Pdfreactor looks promising having the option to host and manageit on premise.

Furthermore you can send an html page endpoint to its api to get a PDF in return. I was wondering if that is also possible with and endpoint to a Weweb page with data from Xano.

1 Like

Hi @FJP84 :wave:

Could you tell us more about your use case?

It might be something you can do now with the npm plugin but I’m not 100% sure:

Let me check with the team and get back to you on that one.

Idea is to be able to create PDF files using data from Xano in the Xano backend.

We need to have a PDF solution that is GDPR and Privacy Shield Complient (we are situated in the EU), because of the type of data that can be part of the contents of the PDF.

PDF Reactor (Docker instance) on a server by choice came up to mind. The NPM option in Weweb is interesting to check out.

Alternatively we are looking at the Xano snippet that is using Pdfgeneratorapi (also complient to GDPR/Privacy Shield). Any experience with that in combination with Weweb?

No personal experience on this combination no but I’ll add it to my list of tools to explore when recording tutorials on PDF generation (but I most likely won’t have time to work on this before year-end :/).

Unfortunately, I tried the pdfreactor-loader package using our new NPM plugin in one of my projects and made the whole app crash because there was a conflict with something in the package overriding something important in the editor :grimacing: I’ll keep my eyes open for other options and get back to you if one comes up.

1 Like

Thanks @Joyce no rush. I will also try out different approaches myself and I will share my findings.

2 Likes

It would make us, and probably the entire community eagerly awaiting a PDF creator of some kind, very happy if you could share your results with us! I’d also like to take this opportunity to briefly use the thread to suggest a few ideas for a plugin, as it seems that PDF creation is indeed an important topic for many users, and some questions have already been asked.

In my vision, a PDF creator that operates as a native plugin in NoCode would be ideal. It should offer the possibility to create a page, possibly through a small “Page Editor,” which can then be populated with data from the database as needed. It would be great if users could also define the format directly, such as whether it should be DIN A4, etc. I watched the video from this morning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUu-rK4wnYE) and found the hack to be very useful, but unfortunately, many elements are displayed that I don’t want in the PDF, such as the “Download PDF button” or a navigation menu, among others.

I would be thrilled if there were a plugin for this soon, and I’m happy to share more details if that would be helpful.

Great work at Weweb! :+1:

Question: is the NPM extension only usable on a paid license of Weweb. I was trying it out on the free tier, but can’t search for packages

npms.io was down intermittently today. The plugin uses it to fetch package data when setting up the plugin in the editor. Once is back online it will work again.

You can use a state icm with a variable.

Variable: print (boolean)
State: print

Adding the state print to elements when var: print is true you can manage the layout for printing.

In the workflow you can do:
Set var:print to true
Custom JavaScript: window.print()
Set var: print to false

When you add print state to download or print button, with display: none, the button is not visible on the output.

Wow! Thanks for that solution i will try it! :grinning: :+1:

General question (as a no-coder, with no experience with Javascript or NPM). Has anyone made a basic working example using an HTML-to-PDF NPM Package to download a element (with it child elemets) to PDF client side in Weweb?

I would love to check it out, to expand it my self later on (trial and error)

I tried to add different NPM packes for html>pdf and tried to use it in a custome javascript event, but the functions are all empty.

1 Like