Making "Active Link" Standout with SPA Change

I am excited about the new changes that will improve UX with the move to SPAs. However, I can’t figure out how I could use a linked instance for my nav bars while still indicating which page you are now on. What am I missing?

1 Like

Are you referring to the “Active link” state of the links and the ability to change the style with it?

I noticed a strange behaviour as well: the “Active Link” style are applied only on the first preview of the page. After the first navigation the style is not applied anymore.

As a workaround I am binding the values that I want to change to a formula that compares the current page id with the page id of the target page of the link.

1 Like

that’s an interesting approach, though it seems more complicated than it ought to be.

My approach has been less sophisticated; I have just been copying the nav bars rather than creating instances, and then manually changing the color on each page. Obviously, this is a bulky and inelegant approach, so I’d love to do it the right way!

1 Like

I’m doing the same as @dorilama :slight_smile:

The team is working on improve states so we can use Active Link instead in the future.

2 Likes

Ahhh! I’ve been trying to figure out the pattern of when they are showing up different! What a gift @dorilama: the “Active Link” style are applied only on the first preview of the page. After the first navigation the style is not applied anymore.

1 Like

Hey @Joyce, do you have any updates on this? I’m trying to decide if I’ll need to copy @dorilama 's approach or if a simpler no code solution will be shipping soon. Thanks!