Is there a way to generate an XML sitemap?

Hi is there a way to generate an XML sitemap? How do I do it?

1 Like

Hi @Walds!

If you add /sitemap.xml at the end of the published project’s URL, you’ll get the sitemap :slight_smile:

If you need to prettify it, you can load the full URL in this XML viewer.

2 Likes

Is there a way to edit the xml file? Should I just upload it on the assets folder on the settings menu or is there a different approach in uploading it?

Right now, you can’t edit it, but that’s an option we can add in the future.

May I ask why you want to change it?

Is there a way to exclude some pages from the sitemap but still make them publicly accessible?

Also, how do you handle adding URLs to the sitemap that are based on dynamic content? For example, we have a business/group directory with ~5K listings (so far) that will eventually get to 20K+. Each has their own URL for SEO, but it’s just one dynamic page in Bubble that displays content based on the URL. In our Bubble app, each of these 5K listings is automatically added to our sitemap. How would we do this with WeWeb?

So far I’m finding it disappointing that there’s almost no info for SEO in the docs. It seems like anything SEO-related is from people asking questions in the forum. Any plans to improve this in the future?

Hey, at the moment, you’d have to add this URLs to the sitemap yourself, as WeWeb doesn’t know what’s inside your backend at build-time (as we don’t read your data), and can’t “guess” what the URLs will be.

For the docs, we are improving them as we speak. The lack of SEO-related docs was due to the vast majority of our users using us to build internal tools or SaaS apps, which are not focused on SEO or are ok with the default features :wink:

Thanks for your feedback though! We’ll add this to our new articles.

Above, you said we can’t edit the sitemap. Has this changed?

For the Directory part of our app, users add businesses/groups to the Directory. When this action happens (a new Listing is created), is it possible to use a workflow action to add a URL to the sitemap?

If that’s not possible, is there another way we could automate this via custom code?

1 Like