How to make a "proper" fetch/workflow and save the result into variables?

Hello (can i say again :slight_smile:),

i want to fetch three tables from Xano and store each in a seperate object variable.
Which are in my case “xgetCategoriesSaved”, “xgetProductsSaved” & “xgetSubcategoriesSaved”.
All those variables will be fetched on page load at a certain page, so i dont need to fetch every time if a user is viewing a product.

What i did is creating a workflow like this:

I was even trying to make it without the fetching first, just a change variable and adding the source as the fetch. But both ways seems not to work. The variables contain empty.

How it should work actually?

Thats the only way that works, with 2x query.

Even in the published version its not working, but the funny thing is that it happen suddenly.
I am not sure what WeWeb is doing out there, but if you dont want people to work and use your tool, you can just announce it.
In the other case you can as well announce that you are working on something.

Even some of my changes are suddenly reset, crazy.

Hello ! I’m not an user of Xano, but did try to use WeWeb operators ?
Or even just the filter feature ?

Thanks @Zacharyb

No but it was working before like this, but i will recheck one more time to make sure

There is something wrong. And i am sure that it was working before, as well other workflows not working anymore correctly. Even if i publish to production.

Update:

I found it, for my needs i really need to fetch first on app load the collections i need, and than i can do it on page load.
That works.

1 Like