How do I create dynamic pages using the Xano plugin?

Any assistance on how to use the Xano plugin to create dynamic pages will be appreciated. I have a customers page with a table collection and I need a function were when I click on an individual customer, I get redirected to a “Customer details” page to view that single customer’s information.

I tried the following tutorials but failed (The page stays static):

Please assist, I am new to WeWeb!!!

Hi @lebom326 :wave:

To create a dynamic collection page, you will need:

• one page with your list of items (in your case a list of customers)
  • one template page for an item detail

To link the two pages together, you have two options:

1. described here in the video, when the user clicks on an item, you trigger a workflow to update a variable of type object and change page to the template page

2. described here in the video, when the user clicks on an item, you trigger a workflow that fetches the Xano collection that returns a single item based on its id and change page to the template page

Option 2 requires that you have an endpoint in Xano that can return the single item and that you created a collection in WeWeb that gets the data from that endpoint. In the video, the Tickets collection is used on the page with all the tickets and the Ticket collection is used on the template page with the information from a single ticket

Does that help?

If not, can you share a short video or screenshots of what you tried already, what’s working and where you’re stuck?

1 Like

Thanks Joyce, option 1 worked for me; much appreciated.

1 Like