Has anyone managed to get a WYSIWYG HTML editor to work with Weweb?

I am looking to integrate external WYSIWYG editors (like editorjs, Quilljs e.t.c) on Weweb because the default Rich Text editor does not display HTML correctly.

So far not met with any success. Has anyone managed to get any of these working with Weweb? GitHub - JefMari/awesome-wysiwyg-editors: A curated list of awesome WYSIWYG Editors.

Quilljs seems to be the most likely to work (Quickstart - Quill Rich Text Editor) but even this did not work for me when I added the link and script tags to custom code section of page

1 Like

I’m trying to do the same. I’ve tried the following script in an HTML element:

<!-- Include stylesheet -->
<link href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/quill@2.0.0/dist/quill.snow.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<!-- Create the editor container -->
<div id="editor">
  <p>Hello World!</p>
  <p>Some initial <strong>bold</strong> text</p>
  <p><br /></p>
</div>

<!-- Include the Quill library -->
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/quill@2.0.0/dist/quill.js"></script>

<!-- Initialize Quill editor -->
<script>
  const quill = new Quill('#editor', {
    theme: 'snow'
  });
</script>

but for some reason it doesn’t work.
Does it have to do with being on a free plan?

@unlustucru Yes, you need to publish the app for it to take effect. The script needs to be on the Custom Code sections of your page.

I tried the same as well and did not see Quill editor load on publish. Could someone from Weweb team help here please?

@pravictor I’m trying to not use the custom code feature since I’m still not on a paid plan. just for the sake of testing, I’ve put Quill CDN file contents inside an html element using a <script></script> tag. Doing so the script was properly loaded, but for some reason i cannot get the Quill editor to appear. :hushed:

@Joyce Would someone from the Weweb team be able to help here? We have a really critical feature that requires (HTML) document editing on the front-end.

How do we integrate third party editors into Weweb?

We have experience with this using TipTap. DM me if interested!