Guidelines for a Large Scale Project

Hello everyone,
I’m planning to do my first large scale project on WeWeb,

1. I’m wondering whether I could get any hints on how to work, and what to avoid.
  2. I’d like also to ask about the workflow of a design system/reusable components. Does it change everywhere when I update the UI kit/design system? Or do the new classes do the trick?
  3. Is working with Stripe on WeWeb’s side safe? I saw the docs, but there is nothing about how it works in the background.

Thanks a lot

Hey~ welcome!

1&2 - Check out the Weweb academy (just google it). That will get you up to speed real fast :slight_smile: You can also check out Weweb’s Youtube channel, especially the most recent few videos - those are probably the vids that are going to be uploaded into Weweb academy part 2 and there’s a video about design systems too that’s been recently uploaded.

3 - You can use Stripe with Weweb! Weweb has a dedicated Stripe plugin for it, which I guess you saw in the docs. But if you want to have more complex payment schemes like subscriptions then you need to use your back-end to connect with Stripe. That’s what I’m doing.

Hey first of all thanks for the feedback, could you elaborate your experience on how limited is Stripe payments with WeWeb plugin?

My experience is that the Stripe plugin is pretty limited. It is basically a glorified check out form that helps you to collect payments (only). However, if you want to do things like allow for cancellation of plans, invoice, recurring subscriptions, multiple plans / upgrading & downgrading, free trials, you will have to use Stripe docs and your back-end to make it happen.

The solution I found is to use Stripe’s check out page and webhooks and use my back-end to hook it all up, and in Weweb I am basically only passing the information over.

With that being said, if you have Weweb, a back-end, and Stripe, it’s definitely possible to collect payments. You just need to glue it all together :joy:

1 Like

What backend do you use for this? :slight_smile: I’m thinking of Supabase cloud functions.

Xano, so far so good! But I think most of the back ends function very similarly :blush:

Hey, thanks for the feedback on our Stripe plugin.

We’ll definitely add new features to it in the coming months (say in September/October). In the meantime, you can work with it using your backend as @raelyn mentioned!

Keep in mind that some features of Stripe are expected to be used on the backend though, so WeWeb will never cover 100% of your payment needs with Stripe. That’s why we recomend Xano or Supabase as backends to use along with Stripe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, here’s an article that might interest you where we’re talking about this specific subject: Securely using API Keys from a Frontend No-code App

1 Like