Form submit button in sticky footer?

My apps screens are designed for mobile. When I have a Form container, I’d like the submit button to always display in a sticky footer rather than at the end of the form. I don’t want the user to have to scroll to the end of the form to submit. Maybe they’re editing a field near the top of the form, and the weweb submit button on the Form container would not be seen by the user until they scrolled all the way to the end of the form. Am I able to place a button on a sticky footer and have that button trigger the form submit? Or am I forced to used the built-in submit button at the end of the form? PS. what’s special about a button specified as a Submit button compared to a regular button?

If the form submit triggers a workflow, simply build the workflow either globally or on the button itself using the form data in it

Thanks @Broberto - if I use that approach will I lose the ability to have form validation done?

Yes, I think so. Than I’d experiment with position fixed maybe. Depends really on your structure.

If you wish to have a submit button not on the form, you can add an id to your form element (html attributes) and add the form attribute to your button with the same id. Then the browser will understand the link between the two.

Our submit button is implementing some standard html attribute, mostly “type=submit” and checking you are inside a form, which is the common usecase. You may have a warning using the method above, but it should work and still use the native validation

1 Like