Fetching Collection Initial Value Error

@Broberto @Joyce

Hi guys! Any idea why the item text wont show up here as the initial value?

Even if I fetch collection and the item as you can see if the initial value, it doesn’t show up.

The only way. i am getting it to show up is to remove the value in the formula and then re-add it.

Thoughts?

thanks!

Jon

Hi @Jonny :wave:

No need to tag us :wink:

A video might help here. I’m not sure I understand the behavior you are describing.

Hi Joyce! Thanks for the help here.

Its somewhat self-explanatory and wouldn’t need a video to describe it.

As you can see in that picture, I have “item.data.uuid” as the value thats supposed to be showing and its not showing in the list that I have selected in that same picture.

The font is white and the collection has been fetched and clearly shows the value (as you can see in the “item” part, its just not showing in the list…

Its most definitely some sort of glitch with the list element or something…

Sorry if I’m asking for the obvious :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it’s hard for me to confirm without a full picture of how things are setup. For example, in your second post you say the text color is white which helps but I still can’t see if there might be something weird going on with the display for example.

As you’re an experienced user, you probably thought to check all of this already so if you believe it’s a bug, I’d recommend reporting it here if you haven’t already.

Hi @Joyce Sorry for tagging you but just wanted to respond. Its a very strange issue and it seems to work some of the time, but some of the time it doesn’t. If I can replicate the issue ill record a loom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! :pray:

Haha no worries about tagging me within a conversation. It can happen that I forget about a thread (even though I try not to!) so more than happy to be tagged to be reminded :slight_smile:

It’s just at a start of a topic where I think it’s nice to give people a little bit of time to answer before tagging anyone.

Ok finally got a chance to record the loom here - take a look so that you can see what i mean:

Quick Edit: Apologize, I jsut watcehd the video and I say “I have no idea whats going on” many times LOL! Sorry for that. Its late here.

But…I just dont get it… makes no sense why that field will not show up… I know that its a specific formula but even without the formula that field will not show up lol.

Any thoughts here?

1 Like

Oh yeah, that definitely looks like a bug! I’ve never seen anything like it. No idea what’s going on either :sweat_smile: I had a quick look at your project and didn’t see anything obvious.

Can you create a bug ticket here and share the video you just shared as well as a link to your editor with credentials to login to your app if those are needed to view the data?

That way the tech team can look into it further and hopefully figure out what’s going on.