Checkbox and Textfield in Collection List

Hi again,

Small question regarding checkboxes and text inputs in Collection Lists :

When I create checkboxes I get a checkbox value variable, same for a text input element, I get a text input variable.

However when I create these elements in a Collection List, I do not get the variables, so how can I retrieve the selected values and input text ? (to update a db for instance).

When inputs are in a repeated element (collection list, columns ecc) you need to keep track of the values with variables and workflows.
This guide explains how to do it. This example is similar, but using checkboxes.

1 Like

Thanks !

1 Like

Apologies, I have a followup question related to this topic. (I have been able to solve my previous issue using your solution :pray:)

In this screenshot you can see my current radio buttons.

My Choices values look like this : sort(rollup(collection,“score”))
Which gives me an array that looks like this :
0: 1
1: 2
2: 3
3: 4
4: 5

I know this can be confusing, but might change this to text later on, so the numbers are placeholders in my list of available scores.

Anyways, I can’t get the Init value to work and pre-check one of my radio buttons : my best guess was toText(context.item.data?.[‘score’]) which results in something like “3” for instance, but that doesnt work.
My understanding is that the init value should be a string of the choice values, where I’m I wrong ?

I suppose this is something to do with the name attribute of the input element. Weweb don’t allow to set it dynamically, so for the browser all the radio groups are actually the same group.
You can switch to a dropdown as a temporary solution and chat with the team to see if that’s the problem.

1 Like