ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS when publishing into staging

Hello Weweb,

I’m having issues when I publish my app into staging, unfortunately I get an error called :

“ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”

I have opened a ticket on Weweb but maybe there is some nice to know troubleshoot tips / tricks to overcome this situation by myself.

I can’t figure it out from what this is coming from, maybe an infinite loop ?

I’ll appreciate your help

Thank you

Hi, probably you choose a private page as a redirect page in your auth plugin ? Or you made your home page private ?

Hello @Alexis,

Thank you for the help.

On your recommandation, I have successfully access another url of the staging branch by adding /about-us at the end.

From there, I’m able to access the homepage when I click on the navbar logo.

Which makes me think that that the homepage isn’t set as a private page, additional after checking the page parameters, the page is indeed set to public mode.

For the authentification plugin, I use the Weweb native one for testing purposes, and only one page is set with. Nevertheless it is not the homepage.

I’m still trying to figure out other troubles that makes this redirect error happens.

Would you have any other recommandations please ?

Thanks in advance,

Sofiane

Hellow Weweb and Community members,

Another strategy we are considering is the following one:

1. Save somewhere the current improvements.
  2. Rollback the editor from a previous state of the app where the app was functional.
  3. Reinjected the improvements.

We have tried to rollback from the dashboard, unfortunately we can only rollback a version of the app when it was already bogged.

Is it possible to rollback for us a more vanilla version on the website directly from your side please ?

It’s an urgent topic on our side, we need help.

Thank you :sweat_smile:

@Quentin @Alexis

Hi, please open a ticket on support.weweb.io with your issue, we will try to handle it in the next couple of days

We looked at your project briefly again and I think the issue is the redirection set on your homepage, you have an empty redirection (app settings → redirections)

Hello @Alexis, you are right !

We clean up everything and reconfigure them again.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best,

Sofiane

1 Like