[Editor] Making the root have direction?

Would this be something that could be doable? It would save me and many more a lot of sweat.

I have a sidebar, that is next to a content section, what I had to do, is to set with custom CSS the flex-direction to row, in order to have two section one next to other. I think this would be such a tiny but such a huge thing. Now the layout of the root is vertical always without a way to change it.

Hi @Broberto :wave:

Making the root have direction is not possible at the moment. The product team is exploring possible solutions to this limitation.

In the meantime, if that’s not what you did already, we’d recommend using these pre-made sections to avoid the hassle of custom CSS:

Those sections are responsive by default. You can make the width dynamic as demonstrated in this academy video on how to build a responsive sidebar.

Hey, the tutorial, I actually saw it, it seemed like too much work for something I can accomplish with a few lines of CSS. But I appreciate that you got back to me :slight_smile: hopefully there will be this possibility later on.

1 Like