Drag and Drog Blocks - Visual Logic/Programming

Is there anyway to create a drog and drop experience using weweb that is around building blocks logical workflows. Similar to the no-code workflows within weweb, I would like to create an experience where users can connect a series of blocks that transform data, with inputs/outputs. Wondering if there’s a dynamic way to create divs or containers to respond to user actions? Any guidance would be really appreciated!

Something like this is going to need a custom component. Really though, if you are going to go through the work of designing custom component for that to work in WeWeb, I think it will be less work to just use a framework for your site that is not nocode.

3 Likes

This is completely out of my know-how, but I read somewhere (perhaps on the Editor’s pro-tips) that it is easy to import Vue.js components into WeWeb?

If so, something like this drag-and-drop library may be useful:

However, I have no idea how to import a Vue.js library to WeWeb. Checkout the dev section :slight_smile:

1 Like

We use a drag and drop library for our Kanban component, you can take a look.

Building dynamic div could be done in nocode with the correct data structure and binding repeat, but then the drag and drop will not be doable :s.

1 Like

I’m not sure how complicated your processes need to be, but I have used the Kanban component in WeWeb to create a couple of drag-and-drop builders for users to use to create curricula, evaluation forms, etc. So, with enough creativity and trial-and-error, it may be possible to achieve your goal with existing components.

1 Like

@kyanaloe That’s such a great idea. With a little imagination and hackiness, I think something can be accomplished with the Kanban component. As look as the position and order of the cards and columns can be leveraged and incorporated in the [no]code logic building interactions on the users end.

For now this might be a path forward.

@aeynaud I think i probably should learn vue. Even if by then you can possibly learn to build coded sites, it’s still really cool to make work with weweb and incorporated into the no code workflow.

1 Like

@kyanaloe that’s really awesome, can you please tell me how you did that ?